Syntax Diagram for <form>
The form, contained between <form> and </form>
tags, is where the user can input data and have it operated on by the
Note that forms are often put into tables to align the prompt and the input
fields; this makes the page much more visually pleasing.
- The "url" specifies the CGI (Common Gateway Interface) script that
is to process the input the user supplies
- Specifies method of interfacing with the host computer. The method
"get" sends a URL build from the arguments, and "post"
sends the arguments to the URL.
- Specifies the type of encryption to be applied to the information before
- Specifies the client-side script to process the form's input.
- Specifies the frame that is to receive the output returned from the script
that processed the form's input.
See also <input>, <select>, and <textarea>.
. . .causes the following to be displayed: