Arns Publishing and Design has had years of experience working with
digital audio in various forms, as well as providing voice talent where
it is needed.
Audio projects have included:
- Changing the pitch of digital accompaniment tracks, without changing
the tempo, to put it into the vocal range of the vocalist (sometimes
Dave Arns of APD; sometimes others).
- Changing the tempo of digital accompaniment tracks, without changing
the pitch, to alter the "mood" of the track, in case it is too fast
or too slow for a particular occasion.
- "Enhancing" digital accompaniment tracks. This can come in several
different forms: sometimes a soundtrack is too short, so a section
of the song can be seamlessly repeated, so the "joints" in the
resultant track are undetectable unless you are familiar with the
original form. Other times, a soundtrack "wants" a key change in
various places, to make it more aesthetically and musically
pleasing; this can be done by changing pitch on various segments
and seamlessly reassembling them.
- Creating "sonic collages," medleys of songs which are joined
together in such a way as to maintain a smoothly flowing rhythm
despite changes in tempo or song style.
- Creating sound effects that can be used in theatre, film,
television, and radio. In addition to having thousands of
professionally recorded "audio clip art" in digital form, APD can
record custom sounds or take simple component sounds and assemble
them into a finished product.
- Providing voice talent for various media forms. APD can provide any
or all of the following to your project:
- Narration: For documentaries, news clips, commercials, and
more, Dave Arns of APD can provide a pleasant-sounding narration.
- Dialects: When you need a foreign accent or dialect for your
project, APD can provide voiceover in a variety of accents: Proper
British, Cockney, Irish, Russian, Southern, Brooklyn, Mexican, and
- Vocal Effects: For commercials, cartoons, or
characterizations, APD can provide vocal effects--speech or other
vocal sounds that are somehow out of the ordinary, but are not
foreign dialects, per se.
- Singer: If you need a male vocalist (baritone) for an
advertising jingle, a ballroom dance, or pretty much anything in
between, APD can provide this as well.
See the Audio section of the Portfolio
page for a sampling of audio projects we've done.
Arns Publishing and Design
813 Marshall Street Fort Collins, CO 80525
Phone: 970-207-9176 Fax: 207-9279
The Web |
All content on this website is copyright
Arns Publishing and Design unless otherwise noted,
and may not be used or reproduced in any form without written